couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jon Morehouse <morehouse...@gmail.com>
Subject Updating Fields
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2012 18:38:10 GMT
Hello,
	I'm fairly new to Couchdb and was wondering if anyone had any advice on using documents to
hold information that is continuously updated. For example, I'm looking into a content management
system and each document will have various fields, maybe a link, some text etc etc. However,
I want to track whether each user "likes" this document or not. I simply want to have a field
that is a list of all the users who have liked this field.

How would I continually update this field while keeping all of the other parts of my post?
Is it efficient to simply add the fields with a "getdoc" in my php? Any help would be greatly
appreciated,

Thanks,

Jon Morehouse
Moeller High School Class of 2009
Pepperdine University 2009-2010
University of Southern California Class of 2013