couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Kevin R. Coombes" <kevin.r.coom...@gmail.com>
Subject Managing Couch Log File
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2012 18:42:23 GMT
Hi,

asked to see the log file from a remote CouchDB from which I was trying
to replicate.  I then sent a request to the person managing that
machine.  In return, I received a text file that was about 500 MB.
That's rather a long file to search through, and my text editor did not
fare well. (I wrote a perl script to loop through and find the part of
the log from the day I needed; that's not my question for today.)

My question is: how do people manage these log files?  Do you have some
automated procedure for splitting pieces off to archive them for a
while? Does couch provide admin tools to help with this? Or do you just
let the logs grow to gargantuan sizes?

     Kevin