couchdb-user mailing list archives

From CGS <cgsmcml...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: View generation order.
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 23:04:18 GMT
Hi,

Use the query argument /descending/=true to reverse the /order/ of the
output.

CGS

On 01/04/2012 11:50 PM, Martin Hewitt wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering if it's possible to set or influence where the view generation process
starts?

> We have a large DB which we let clients build views on. We then map those views to JS
map functions and create the relevant design doc. The only problem we have is that the database
is huge and the view generations take a while. This means the oldest data is processed first,
which doesn't suit us as, in the short term, the most useful values are those which are more
recent, i.e. the entries that were made a minute ago not a year ago.