couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Joshua Cassidy <cassidy.jos...@gmail.com>
Subject Geocouch 1.1.2 for couchdb 1.1.0 on ubuntu 10.10
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2011 03:41:07 GMT
Hi,

I am getting the following error when starting couchdb after attempting to
install geocouch on ubuntu 10.10

     [{supervisor,{local,couch_secondary_services}},
      {errorContext,start_error},
      {reason,
          {'EXIT',
              {undef,
                  [{couch_spatial,start_link,[]},
                   {supervisor,do_start_child,2},
                   {supervisor,start_children,3},
                   {supervisor,init_children,2},
                   {gen_server,init_it,6},
                   {proc_lib,init_p_do_apply,3}]}}},
      {offender,
          [{pid,undefined},
           {name,spatial_manager},
           {mfa,{couch_spatial,start_link,[]}},
           {restart_type,permanent},
           {shutdown,1000},
           {child_type,worker}]}]}}

Installation instructions followed from here:
https://github.com/couchbase/geocouch

I am guessing that earlang is unable to find the
spatail beam files however I am
no expert on earlang and have been unable
to solve this any help would be
appreciated.

I ahve already tried the following:

export ERL_FLAGS="-pa /usr/local/src/geocouch/build"

and also

export ERL_FLAGS="-pz /usr/local/src/geocouch/build"

before launching couchdb but to no avail