couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Zdravko Gligic <zgli...@gmail.com>
Subject Can-Do CouchDB but only if they knew abou it
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2011 22:22:45 GMT
Hi folks,

I have been keeping an eye on the GAE group, where topics like this
make me naturally think of CouchDB.
http://groups.google.com/group/google-appengine/browse_thread/thread/6f94c6d80ef0fc51

The whole thread is worth taking a look at, especially this ... Jeff
Schnitzer On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 2:00 PM says ...."This brings up an
interesting question.  Without a full-database MVCC system, how do you
backup the whole database?  Especially with multigroup transactions,
there's no way to guarantee an isolated snapshot.  Depending on how
your application works, getting a consistent backup might be
impossible. Jeff".

I see people going through pain like that and I keep on asking my self
why nobody within CouchDB community is making noises to make everyone
aware that a solid alternative exists for so many of these types of
pain?

Regards,
teslan