couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Peta Bogdan <bog...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: strange crash
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2011 15:16:20 GMT
the server has its own unprivileledged user, with its own login class, and
the databses files, logs, pid and configuration files are owned by
_couchdb:_couchdb.
The server process runs with:
datasize: infinity
stacksize: 8M
max-openfiles: 2048

the server is started with this user's credentials

Erlang is working flawlessly on my system

The futon interface to this server works perfect. If it would be an issue
with js engine, that woudn't work at all, I think.

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 4:58 PM, CGS <cgsmcmlxxv@gmail.com> wrote:

> From the information you provide there are two scenarios I see:
> 1. You may have started CouchDB with different permissions than its files
> have (e.g., you start CouchDB with regular user permissions while the log
> file, for example, have root permissions).
> 2. SpiderMonkey too new and incompatible with CouchDB.
>
> How to check if the scenarios:
> 1. Start CouchDB as with root privileges.
> 2. Downgrade your SpiderMonkey version.
>
> I cannot guarantee that these are the only possibilities. It may be a good
> idea to check if Erlang is working properly on your OS. Nevertheless, I
> hope my suggestions will help you.
>
> CGS
>

> On 12/15/2011 03:41 PM, Peta Bogdan wrote:
>
>> also, I don't use the javascript engine, in fact I don't use views at all,
>> Instead the documents are indexed through an elasticsearch instance which
>> happens to be on the same machine
>>
>> All queries are conducted tru elasticsearch, while the database is busy
>> with only inserts and updates.
>>
>> I used to build views using erlang language, but as the database grows the
>> time taken to regenerate the views increases, so I dropped this method of
>> querying the database.
>>
>> As a side note icu version is icu4c-4.8, installed from ports.
>>
>> also forgot to mention that OS is OpenBSD5.0/amd64 if it makes a
>> difference
>> .
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 4:01 PM, Peta Bogdan<bog495@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>
>>  Hello,
>>>
>>> 1. OS: OpenBSD5.0 GENERIC.MP
>>> 2. SpiderMonkey: Version: 1.9.2.16, installed from ports
>>> 3. CouchDB installed from sources

,