couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Joe Hillenbrand <joehil...@gmail.com>
Subject Is Couchdb the right tool for this?
Date Fri, 23 Dec 2011 23:31:28 GMT
I'm building an server monitoring application.

The basic idea is that there will be several nodes that will monitor
metrics about themselves and store them as JSON docs locally. Then
there will be a single host server that will collect these metrics for
the use of a web application.

CouchDB seems like a good options for this because each node could
have their own CouchDB database and then eventually cosolidate this
data to the host server where it could be queried.

If the host fails, then the nodes can just keep storing their data
locally until it is ready to be received by the host.

I have a faint recollection from when I first learned CouchDB that it
had these kind of replication mechanics built in (something kind of
like UbuntuOne), but when I look over guide and documentation, I don't
find anything like this. Am I mistaken? Is there a better option?

Thanks,

-Joe