couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jason Smith <...@iriscouch.com>
Subject Re: Delete replication history
Date Mon, 26 Dec 2011 00:56:11 GMT
On Sat, Dec 24, 2011 at 6:56 PM, Dave Cottlehuber <dave@muse.net.nz> wrote:
> You may find it easier to start a js interpreter up and work through
> the validation function directly, using the process outlined in
> http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Troubleshooting#Map.2BAC8-Reduce_debugging

Thanks for the link, Dave.

That technique is nice because of course couchjs ships with CouchDB.
However I have found Node.js to be invaluable for testing and
debugging my Couch code.

I put my main code in a CommonJS module. From there I can import it
and exercise it from a Node test framework like node unit[1] or
node-tap[2]. I can use the identical module in a CouchDB design
document.

That is how I maintain Stew, a reduce function which accumulates and
counts all map objects: https://github.com/iriscouch/stew

[1]: https://github.com/caolan/nodeunit
[2]: https://github.com/isaacs/node-tap

--