couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Albin Stigö <albin.st...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Building without debug symbols
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2011 19:17:32 GMT
Hi,

> The ‘strip’ tool will remove debug symbols. You can run it manually, or configure
the target settings in Xcode to do it — IIRC, in the ‘Deployment’ section you have to
enable Deployment Postprocessing and Strip Linked Product.

I actually meant stripping the erlang .beam files as apparently you
can save up to 50% space this way... But I didn't know about the nm
tool so I will definitely keep that in mind :-)

> Also, as I said recently on the mobile-couchbase list, I’ve got an unfinished project
to build > Couchbase Mobile on Mac OS X as a dynamic-linked framework. If someone else
wants to > take it over and get it running again, I’ll gladly share the branch.

I'm not sure I'm hardcare enough for that hacking but I would be nice
if you could put it up somewhere and see if someone picks it up!

Right now I'm trying to walk down the same path as wings3d. Just
copying erlang runtime systems necessary files into the bundle and
using NSTask to spawn a process. I think also the the mac app version
of couchbase single server does this. Then I can just use the standard
couchdb build.

--Albin