couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Marcello Nuccio <marcello.nuc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: build-couchdb start, stop, restart
Date Sun, 04 Dec 2011 16:57:07 GMT
It may be useful, at least as a guide on how to setup a CouchDB for
production, i.e. with service management, log rotation, regular db
compaction, ...

However I think it could be more useful to provide some ready-to-use
Chef recipes, or Puppet modules. There are so many things to keep in
mind while setting up a CouchDB server, and so many little differences
between distributions (and different versions of one distribution),
that a bunch of configuration files could became unmanageable.

I've only basic knowledge of Puppet, but I can share what I've learnt
so far if there's any interest.

Marcello