couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Marcello Nuccio <marcello.nuc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: build-couchdb start, stop, restart
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2011 07:51:01 GMT
Hi Mohammad,
on Ubuntu-11.10 I create the following file:

# /etc/init/build-couchdb.conf
description	"CouchDB service built with build-couchdb"

start on filesystem
stop on runlevel [!2345]

respawn
respawn limit 10 5
umask 022

pre-start script
  test -x '/home/couchdb/bin/couchdb' || { stop; exit 0; }
end script

script
  exec sudo -u couchdb dash -c '"/home/couchdb/bin/couchdb" 2>&1 |
logger -t "build-couchdb" -p local0.error'
end script
# END OF /etc/init/build-couchdb.conf

Here I'm assuming that:
- there's a "couchdb" user
- you compiled with "rake install=/home/couchdb"

Obviously you can change those assumptions as you like.

One important WARNING: by default couchdb will log to
/home/boutique/var/log/couchdb/couch.log
then it's important to rotate this log, for example creating the following file:

===== Contents of /etc/logrotate.d/boutique =======
/home/boutique/var/log/couchdb/couch.log {
  weekly
  rotate 10
  copytruncate
  delaycompress