couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Chris Stockton <chrisstockto...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Database size seems off even after compaction runs.
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2011 21:27:33 GMT
Hello Robert,

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 2:20 PM, Robert Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:
> Deleted docs take space. If you used the DELETE http method, then it's
> minimal, but if you just added _deleted:true to your document and
> saved, then it contains all the data of the previous revision,
> including all attachments.

Thanks for the response, every single doc listed in _all_docs (only 25
docs) is on the first revision. Is what you are saying that the user
could have deleted 49K docs and although they don't exist in _all_docs
anymore, they are physically on the disk and COMPACTION is not the way
to get rid of them?

Do you know how can I discard these old documents, or even query to see them?