couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Lucas Chiesa <lucas.chi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: synchronization problem with couchdb 1.0.1
Date Tue, 27 Dec 2011 12:40:05 GMT
On Tue, Dec 27, 2011 at 7:50 AM, CGS <cgsmcmlxxv@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Lucas,

Hi!

> You identified the problem correctly: network connection drop. All the
> errors are coming from that problem. Just to explain a bit, once you modify
> a document, your "push" replication tries to push the new document version
> in the targeted database, but due to the no connection condition, dies after
> a number of retries. I would suggest to use simple replication and not
> continuous one if your connection is unstable. That is, every given period,
> check if the connection is up and send a replication request if the network
> allows it.
>
> Another option is to check your connection periodically (you can automatize
> that by the mean of a simple ping for example) and if the connection is
> dropped, stop the continuous replication (or let it die) and start it again
> when the network conditions allow that. But I would put an watchdog on the
> network connection and not periodically restart of the replication.

Thanks!

I will add a network watchdog and switch to simple replication to see
if that helps.

> As far as I could notice from the log, no specific document creates this
> problem, but only the drop in network connection. Therefore, I wouldn't
> worry about the documents correctness for the time being.

I will run some more tests today, to verify that it is not a broken
document, because it also seems to be stopping the sync just after one
document in particular is modified.

Thank you very much for reading the looong log :)

Lucas

"Oh no, not again."

- A bowl of petunias on its way to certain death.