couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <d...@muse.net.nz>
Subject Re: Crash Report Help
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2011 20:29:27 GMT
On 15 December 2011 17:07, Bradley Holt <bradley.holt@foundline.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running CouchDB 1.1.1 on Mac OS 10.6.8 (installed through
> MacPorts). This morning I tried starting CouchDB and got the following
> crash report:
>
> https://gist.github.com/1b7f26800426fcbac11e
>
> As for the part about the replicator database being deleted—I haven't
> deleted that database.
>
> Any help would be appreciated!
>
> Thanks,
> Bradley

Hi,

the key part is "enoent" = file or directory not found.

Most possible causes are;
the var/run/ var/log/couchdb/ var/lib/couchdb/ dirs don't exist, or
ditto for local.ini default.ini  ,for some reason are not available.

I am reasonably sure that different
permissions would result in enoperm instead but it's worth checking
that quickly - http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Installing_on_OSX

The replicator db message is spurious I think, generated as couchdb
erlang application shuts down all sub processes.

Or it might just be karma balancing for using MacPorts instead of Homebrew.

A+
Dave