couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <d...@muse.net.nz>
Subject Re: reduce error algorithm?
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2011 22:42:20 GMT
On 16 December 2011 21:26, Mark Hahn <mark@hahnca.com> wrote:
> What is the algorithm for determining whether a reduce is happening fast
> enough?  I went to a lot of trouble to develop a map/reduce that
> intermittently gives this error.  I don't like programming where I can't
> predict whether something will work or not.  It reminds me of developing an
> app for ios and then being told it can't go in the app store.

It doesn't answer the question but may solve your issue. You can tweak
reduce heuristics in local.ini, re-use the content from
https://github.com/apache/couchdb/blob/master/etc/couchdb/default.ini.tpl.in#L73-78

I've not seen many questions on this so hoping one of the committers chimes in
with pithy insight.

A+D