couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <d...@muse.net.nz>
Subject Re: Remote Pull Replication Fails when using filter
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2011 10:03:43 GMT
On 16 December 2011 10:52, Erwin Manurung <crawl2fade@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Need help for replicating from remote database into local database.
> Currently I developed an application where our local copy can be
> push/pull ( synchronized) with server database.
> Both 'remote' and local database is in my local.
>
> When doing 'pull':
> {
>        source: "http://admin:password@localhost:5984/remotedb",
>        target: "localdb",
>        filter: "example/small_filter",
>        query_params: { name: "myname" }
> }
>

> I will always get this error: (attached replicate_error.txt)
> I'm using Apache CouchDB version: 1.1.0
>
> I'm trying also using CouchDB from Couchbase, CouchDB version is
> 1.2.0a-b11df55-git
>
> I will always get this changes_reader_died error:
> {"error":"changes_reader_died"}
>

> I assume this is happened because it has no access or can not found
> the filter on the specified design doc.
> But when I'm doing this like  below (local replication with the same
> local and remote database, and the same filter):
> {
>        source: "remotedb",
>        target: "localdb",
>        filter: "example/small_filter",
>        query_params: { name: "myname" }
> }
>
> It will just work fine.
>
> Is anybody has any problem or solution found about this?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>

> --
> Rgrds,
> Erwin Manurung

Hi Erwin,

Without looking into this in detail, does it work if you specify a
user & passwd for the *target* db as well?
How are you triggering the replication - via _replicate or the replicator DB?

There's a JIRA open already for this

It may also help to post your filter and a sample doc excerpt,
although I think that's probably not your issue.

A+
Dave