couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jason Woodruff <jasonwoodr...@btinternet.com>
Subject Geocouch installation
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2011 11:58:39 GMT
OS Ubuntu 11.10
Couchdb 1.1.1

I have the following in couchdb.log when starting couchdb with geocouch
installed:

[Tue, 06 Dec 2011 10:40:49 GMT] [error] [<0.86.0>] {error_report,<0.31.0>,
                       {<0.86.0>,supervisor_report,
                        [{supervisor,{local,couch_secondary_services}},
                         {errorContext,start_error},
                         {reason,
                             {'EXIT',
                                 {undef,
                                     [{couch_spatial,start_link,[]},
                                      {supervisor,do_start_child,2},
                                      {supervisor,start_children,3},
                                      {supervisor,init_children,2},
                                      {gen_server,init_it,6},
                                      {proc_lib,init_p_do_apply,3}]}}},
                         {offender,
                             [{pid,undefined},
                              {name,spatial_manager},
                              {mfargs,{couch_spatial,start_link,[]}},
                              {restart_type,permanent},
                              {shutdown,1000},
                              {child_type,worker}]}]}}

I thought I had installed as per the readme file for geocouch.

However, there is one ambiguity that I am finding confusing and that is the
value of <vanilla-couch>.  The readme states this is the path to the
couchdb source.  However, the geocouch.ini file is copied to the /default.d
directory in the installed couchdb and not the source?  Is this correct?

The datebase does start, but with the above error.  Curl cannot connect.

best regards

jason