couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Randall Leeds <randall.le...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: replication using an update handler?
Date Wed, 28 Dec 2011 18:12:17 GMT
On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 20:19, Jim Klo <jim.klo@sri.com> wrote:
> The problem is, I 'technically' don't have access to add a filter function on the Source
server - it could be owned by someone else.  So I must do my filtering at the target server.

> What I've discovered is that in all the documentation out there in the wiki/blogs/listservs
- they're all missing some "extremely critical" documentation for validate_doc_update.  What
I've determined so far via laborious trial and error is:

> A. To reject due to authentication, you must throw an error object:
>        { unauthorized: "Your message stating authentication error" }
>
>        This will kill the replication process completely.
>
> B. To just blindly cause replication to stop due to an error:
>        { error: "Your message describing the error" }
>
> C. To only reject the new document being validated, and CONTINUE validating other docs,
throw:
>        { forbidden: "Your message why you're forbidding the object from your db"
}

> There might be other errors that could be thrown, but I got no idea what they are, and
NONE of the above is really documented anywhere - only hinted at in a few places.

> Now if I can find my username for the wiki - I'll try and update it!

That'd be great, Jim. Once you figure out your username let a dev know
so they can add you to the contributors group.

-R