couchdb-user mailing list archives

From jack chrispoo <jackchris...@gmail.com>
Subject Question on what is CouchDB's strength
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2011 01:41:55 GMT
Hi all,

I am new to CouchDB. I and my friends have been evaluating several
datastores including Cassandra, HBase, MongoDB, CouchDB in terms of update,
read, insert, scan throughput and latency. In our tests CouchDB performs
worst in all tests. I once read about some saying that because CouchDB is
written in Erlang, throughput and lantency is not CouchDB's strength. So
can someone tell me some advantages of CouchDB compared to other
datastores? I did look into views, but it seems that other datastores have
similar funtionalities - MongoDB can also execute javascript to generate
result, HBase has filter. So what exactly is CouchDB's strength?

I'll be grateful to any comments, Thanks,

jack