couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jim Klo <jim....@sri.com>
Subject Re: replication using an update handler?
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2011 20:42:19 GMT
That's good - I was having a hard time understanding if that was source or destination.

In my case we have multiple design docs in the same db.  Do all the validate_doc_update functions
(one in each design doc) get executed, or does one specifically get executed? if the later
how does selection happen?

Also if I'm using CouchApp to push - do I just place a file named validate_doc_update.js in
the root of my app, or do I need to do that in the couchapp.json?

Thanks,

- Jim

Jim Klo
Senior Software Engineer
Center for Software Engineering
SRI International

On Dec 20, 2011, at 12:30 PM, Robert Newson wrote:

> No, but you could add a validate_doc_update function on the target and
> reject the things you don't wish to receive.
>
> B.
>
> On 20 December 2011 20:23, Jim Klo <jim.klo@sri.com> wrote:
>> I'm wondering if I'm able to use replication with an update handler as a method of
filtering data from the source, in a case where I can't install a filter on the source db?