couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jens Alfke <j...@couchbase.com>
Subject Re: Database size seems off even after compaction runs.
Date Fri, 23 Dec 2011 01:00:52 GMT

On Dec 22, 2011, at 1:44 PM, Chris Stockton wrote:

Okay, so this catches me a bit off guard, always thought compaction
cleaned those up.

Compaction removes old revisions’ and deleted documents’ contents, but their revision
histories are still there. Those should be pretty small, though, since they’re just trees
of revision IDs.

(Unless you did delete the docs by just setting a “_deleted” attribute? I don’t know
what the behavior of that would be; sounds like it doesn’t actually delete the document
from the database, in which case maybe the last revision data does get left behind.)

—Jens