couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jason Smith <...@iriscouch.com>
Subject Re: Ubuntu 11.10 issues
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2011 03:14:42 GMT
On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 1:10 AM, Stephan Bardubitzki
<stephan@bardubitzki.com> wrote:
> My Erlang version is
>
> /erlang 1:14.b.2-dfsg-3ubuntu2/
>
> I guess this is the version your meant.
>
> I have tried to install a newer version of CouchDB using
>
> https://github.com/iriscouch/build-couchdb
>
> but this instalsl also CouchDB 1.0.1.

Build CouchDB will build version 1.1.1 as of November 02, 2011.

If you cloned the repository before then, please run `git pull`.

Also, note that the final build is not in your execution path, but in
the location of your checkout, under build/bin/couchdb. So try to run
`./build/bin/couchdb` from your checkout/clone directory. If the
latter works, then to put it somewhere more convenient, run `rake
install=/usr/local` or wherever you want.

Any luck?

--
Iris Couch