couchdb-user mailing list archives

From James Eisenhauer <james.eisenha...@gmail.com>
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2011 01:59:07 GMT
So my head is like mush today and I can't seem to make sense of anything.
Fairly new CouchDB but I have made a few things and views but finding
myself challenged with the right approach to tackle my current needs.

So any help or point me at some good resources would be much appreciated.

1. First question are the wiki and the The Definitive Guide the best
resources for creating views?

2. Second question my problem.

I simplified/changed the model to make it easier to talk about.

Sample Document

_id
BuildName
System
TestName
Verdict
DateTime

I have many of these documents.  Each time a test is ran it is logged with
the above information.

I would like to output:

System|Build Name|# Pass|# Fail|# Errors|Test End (Date Time of last test
in Build)|Duration of tests(time between first test of build and last test)

Sorted newest end dates to oldest

I can get this so far:  System|Build Name|# of Tests

Any help in how to approach this would be awesome.

_best

jim