couchdb-user mailing list archives

From James Eisenhauer <james.eisenha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: couchdb 1.1.0 binding fails
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2011 16:04:40 GMT
I am having same issue.

change local.ini bind address to 0.0.0.0 on a Windows 2008 server running
on VMWare and I get

Erlang R14B03 (erts-5.8.4) [rq:1] [async-threads:0]
Eshell V5.8.4  (abort with ^G)
1> Apache CouchDB 1.1.0 (LogLevel=info) is starting.
[error] [<0.94.0>] {error_report,<0.34.0>,
                       {<0.94.0>,supervisor_report,
                        [{supervisor,{local,couch_secondary_services}},
                         {errorContext,start_error},
                         {reason,
                             {'EXIT',
                                 {{badmatch,{error,einval}},
                                  [{mochiweb_socket_server,parse_options,2},
                                   {mochiweb_socket_server,start,1},
                                   {couch_httpd,start_link,2},
                                   {supervisor,do_start_child,2},
                                   {supervisor,start_children,3},
                                   {supervisor,init_children,2},
                                   {gen_server,init_it,6},
                                   {proc_lib,init_p_do_apply,3}]}}},
                         {offender,
                             [{pid,undefined},
                              {name,httpd},
                              {mfargs,{couch_httpd,start_link,[]}},
                              {restart_type,permanent},
                              {shutdown,1000},
                              {child_type,worker}]}]}}
=SUPERVISOR REPORT==== 1-Nov-2011::08:59:46 ===
     Supervisor: {local,couch_secondary_services}
     Context:    start_error
     Reason:     {'EXIT',{{badmatch,{error,einval}},
                          [{mochiweb_socket_server,parse_options,2},
                           {mochiweb_socket_server,start,1},
                           {couch_httpd,start_link,2},
                           {supervisor,do_start_child,2},
                           {supervisor,start_children,3},
                           {supervisor,init_children,2},
                           {gen_server,init_it,6},
                           {proc_lib,init_p_do_apply,3}]}}
     Offender:   [{pid,undefined},
                  {name,httpd},
                  {mfargs,{couch_httpd,start_link,[]}},
                  {restart_type,permanent},
                  {shutdown,1000},
                  {child_type,worker}]
[info] [<0.106.0>] Stopping all ongoing replications because the replicator
database was deleted or changed
[error] [<0.81.0>] {error_report,<0.34.0>,
                       {<0.81.0>,supervisor_report,
                        [{supervisor,{local,couch_server_sup}},
                         {errorContext,start_error},
                         {reason,shutdown},
                         {offender,
                             [{pid,undefined},
                              {name,couch_secondary_services},
                              {mfargs,

{couch_server_sup,start_secondary_services,
                                      []}},
                              {restart_type,permanent},
                              {shutdown,infinity},
                              {child_type,supervisor}]}]}}
=SUPERVISOR REPORT==== 1-Nov-2011::08:59:46 ===
     Supervisor: {local,couch_server_sup}
     Context:    start_error
     Reason:     shutdown
     Offender:   [{pid,undefined},
                  {name,couch_secondary_services},
                  {mfargs,{couch_server_sup,start_secondary_services,[]}},
                  {restart_type,permanent},
                  {shutdown,infinity},
                  {child_type,supervisor}]

=CRASH REPORT==== 1-Nov-2011::08:59:46 ===
  crasher:
    initial call: application_master:init/4
    pid: <0.34.0>
    registered_name: []
    exception exit: {bad_return,
                        {{couch_app,start,
                             [normal,
                              ["../etc/couchdb/default.ini",
                               "../etc/couchdb/local.ini"]]},
                         {'EXIT',
                             {{badmatch,{error,shutdown}},
                              [{couch_server_sup,start_server,1},
                               {application_master,start_it_old,4}]}}}}
      in function  application_master:init/4
    ancestors: [<0.33.0>]
    messages: [{'EXIT',<0.35.0>,normal}]
    links: [<0.33.0>,<0.6.0>]
    dictionary: []
    trap_exit: true
    status: running
    heap_size: 987
    stack_size: 24
    reductions: 98
  neighbours:
=INFO REPORT==== 1-Nov-2011::08:59:46 ===
    application: couch
    exited: {bad_return,{{couch_app,start,
                                    [normal,
                                     ["../etc/couchdb/default.ini",
                                      "../etc/couchdb/local.ini"]]},
                         {'EXIT',{{badmatch,{error,shutdown}},
                                  [{couch_server_sup,start_server,1},
                                   {application_master,start_it_old,4}]}}}}
    type: temporary
any ideas?

thanks

jim