couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Ryan Ramage <ryan.ram...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: nodejs couchapp
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2011 18:37:26 GMT
> Sometimes it's easy to forget how much of building couchapps is simple because CouchDB
is simple, and writing an app in node.js with CouchDB as a datastore is still quite simple
even if it's a little more complicated than a couchapp and as you start doing those backflips
it might be simpler to break out of the couchapp model and keep CouchDB as a backend store.

I totally agree. But I think most developers tend to try and find the
biggest box to use. So when they look at couchapps they go hmm, nope,
not going to try, not a big enough box.

What might be useful to explore is some docs/best practices for
growing your app out of the couchapp box. "How should I migirate
assets into a node front end?", "What about auth", etc. That way
people can feel comfortable starting with couchapps knowing they can
move upwards if needed.

Maybe I have not investigated if such resources exist, but it might be
useful for the various couchapp communities to provide.

Ryan