couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB _changes _view transactions
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2011 18:00:16 GMT
On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 6:20 PM, N/A N/A <pressley333@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have the following issue. I hold continuous _changes feed for certain events. When
my web application is started for first time, i want to get last event and process it. I wrote
a view for this purpose querying CouchDB. Where is the problem ? During view execution,
is it possible to get newer message from continuous _changes? Which information will arrive
first ? The one from the view or _changes ? Which message is last ? CouchDB doesn't support
transactions so in this case i'm not sure my last information is last and valid.

> Regards,

You can do the inverse on trunk and 1.2x branch :

use the native filter _view and if a change come , query your view,
compare seqs etc...

- benoit