couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <d...@muse.net.nz>
Subject Re: Installing CouchDB on CentOS 6/32Bit
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2011 21:38:45 GMT
On 12 November 2011 00:03, Kwasi Gyasi - Agyei
<kwasi.gyasiagyei@4things.co.za> wrote:
> Missing step and lib installtion correct, not fob but fop, required for
> erlang build
>
> $ yum install unixODBC-devel.i686 java-1.6.0-*openjdk*-*devel fop*
>
> On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 8:53 PM, Kwasi Gyasi - Agyei <
> kwasi.gyasiagyei@4things.co.za> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I'm trying to build CouchDB on Centos 6, I have installed most of the
>> dependencies using yum install, listed below:
>>
>> $ yum install gcc libtool xulrunner-devel libicu-devel openssl-devel icu
>> automake autoconf automake213
>>
>> Below I'm going to detail the dependencies installed, as a way to also
>> possible produce steps for someone who may possible come across the issue
>> encountered along with resolutions
>>
>> Building SpiderMonkey (js-1.8.5)
>> Source URL : http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/js/js185-1.0.0.tar.gz
>> ------------------------------
>> + Steps
>>
>> $ wget http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/js/js185-1.0.0.tar.gz
>> //instructions from
>> https://developer.mozilla.org/En/Developer_Guide/Build_Instructions/Linux_Prerequisites,
>> I left out mercurial, believe it is used for source checkout
>> $ yum install mercurial autoconf213 glibc-static libstdc++-static yasm
>> wireless-tools-devel mesa-libGL-devel alsa-lib-devel libXt-devel$ cd
>> js-1.8.5/src/js
>> $ autoconf-2.13
>> $ ./configure
>>
>> + Problem/Error:
>> configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C++ compiler
>> cannot create executables.
>>
>> + Resolution:
>>

>> --
>>
>> Multimedia and Communication | Property | Entertainment
>> Kwasi Owusu Gyasi - Agyei
>>
>> *cell*        (+27) (0) 76 466 4488
>> *website *www.4things.co.za
>> *email     *kwasi.gyasiagyei@4things.co.za
>> *skype    *kwasi.gyasiagyei
>> *role*        Developer.Designer.Software Architect
>>

> --
>
> Multimedia and Communication | Property | Entertainment
> Kwasi Owusu Gyasi - Agyei
>
> *cell*        (+27) (0) 76 466 4488
> *website *www.4things.co.za
> *email     *kwasi.gyasiagyei@4things.co.za
> *skype    *kwasi.gyasiagyei
> *role*        Developer.Designer.Software Architect

Hi Kwasi,

Thanks for putting this info back into the community! Would you be
able to add this to our wiki perhaps?

If you sign up to the wiki http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/ to get an
account, then drop an email to dev@couchdb.apache.org for contributor
access, you'll be ready to go.

A good place to add it would be a subpage of
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Installation

Re cutting down erlang build size, you can do in $ERL_TOP

echo "skipping gs" > lib/gs/SKIP
echo "skipping jinterface" > lib/jinterface/SKIP

and similar for wx and fop as well I think.

A+
Dave