couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Cory Zue <>
Subject Re: CouchDB - Open Document Format mega storage
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2011 14:06:28 GMT
2011/11/9 Маркевич Александр <>

> So there are some variants of solutions:
> 1. Store doc in attachments as is. Can I have full text search on the
> content of docs?
> 2. Unzip and extract all XML files wich odt consists, convert to JSON and
> save all items of docs in DB, but also setup update handler to triggered
> updates and save it to any CVS.

If you go this route, you may be interested in couchforms[1], a library my
company developed to store XForms in couchdb. We put a fair amount of
processing/error handling code around it, but at it's core it's just an
update handler that parses XML to JSON and sticks it in couch[2]. We've
been relying on it in multiple production systems for over a year now and
it's proven quite reliable.

3. Use Sedna as XML DB ( I want to use DB build on Erlang, although this