couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Cory Zue <c...@dimagi.com>
Subject Re: Health care software utilizing CouchDB
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2011 13:48:17 GMT
On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 10:17 PM, Nolan Darilek <nolan@thewordnerd.info> wrote:
> What encrypted volume are you using?

Ecryptfs. [1]

We've had pretty solid performance with it, although haven't yet
reached the scale where we might have to worry more about performance.
The major downside is that you need to manually mount the drive in the
case of a reboot which can be problematic if people with the
credentials aren't around. This is only a small piece of the HIPAA
puzzle, but does provide the "encrypted at rest" and "protection if
the server walks away" bits.

[1] https://help.ubuntu.com/11.04/serverguide/C/ecryptfs.html