couchdb-user mailing list archives

From David Stuebe <DStu...@asascience.com>
Subject replication of documents in a view
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2011 19:29:36 GMT

Hi CouchDB

I am interested in moving data between databases subject to the
constraints of a view. Is there a way to do this through the replication
interface or would I have to implement that at that at my application
level?

It would be great if I could add that to the replication request:

POST /_replicate HTTP/1.1
{"source":"database","target":"http://example.org/database","view":/blog/_d
esign/docs/_view/datatoreplicate?key="mykey"} -H "Content-Type:
application/json"

And that would take only the documents specified by the datatoreplicate
view on the source and replicate them  to the target.

Would be really cool if you could set this kind of thing up in continuous
mode...

Thanks

David