couchdb-user mailing list archives

From YIXIAO SHEN <yixiaoshe...@gmail.com>
Subject timeout on view query
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2011 20:28:35 GMT
Hi,

I am using BigCouch and running a 6-node cluster of BigCouch. I have a
table with 1 million documents, partitioned into 6 shards, each document
has 100 fields: field0 - field99. And each field is 100 Byte. I have a
query which only needs to get field0, so I added a view on the table:

{
   "scan": {
       "map": "function(doc) {\n   emit(doc._id,\n  {\n    field1:
doc.field1\n  });\n}"
   }
}

I tested ths view with smaller table size (1000 documents) and it worked
fine, first query takes several seconds, and later queries are really fast.
But when I create the same view and query this view on my 1 million record
table, it gives the following error:

{"error":"timeout","reason":null}

can anyone give me a hint how this could be solved?

Thanks