couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: View generation order
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2011 15:27:50 GMT
Views are built in database sequence order by walking the by_seq tree.
What's probably confusing you is that, because the replicator can
replicate in parallel, the order of updates in the target is usually
not the same as the source.

B.

On 2 November 2011 13:39, Martin Hewitt <martin.hewitt@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> When generating a view on a replicated db, what's the heuristic used to work out where
seq 1 is? Does it come over as part of the replication payload?

> Say, for example, a large database is replicated onto a new server, and the views begin
to re-generate, is there any way I as a developer can know which record the view generation
process will start with? Better still, is there any way I can influence it?