couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Kwasi Gyasi - Agyei <kwasi.gyasiag...@4things.co.za>
Subject Re: Installing CouchDB on CentOS 6/32Bit
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2011 21:56:13 GMT
Running Couchdb
------------------------

+ Steps
//Create couchdb system user

$ adduser --system --home-dir /usr/local/var/lib/couchdb --no-create-home
--shell /bin/bash couchdb

//Make user couchdb own couchdb folders
$ chown -R couchdb:couchdb /usr/local/var/lib/couchdb
$ chown -R couchdb:couchdb /usr/local/var/log/couchdb
$ chown -R couchdb:couchdb /usr/local/var/run
$ chown -R couchdb:couchdb /usr/local/etc/couchdb

//Change/set folder permissions

$ chmod -R 0770 /usr/local/var/lib/couchdb
$ chmod -R 0770 /usr/local/var/log/couchdb
$ chmod -R 0770 /usr/local/var/run
$ chmod -R 0770 /usr/local/etc/couchdb

//Link to startup script

$ cd /etc/init.d
$ ln -s /usr/local/etc/rc.d/couchdb couchdb
$ chkconfig --add couchdb
$ chkconfig couchdb on
$ service couchdb start

//CouchDB is no accessible from 127.0.0.1:5984/_utils/