couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Nils Breunese <N.Breun...@vpro.nl>
Subject Re: CouchDB view does not finish
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2011 09:54:31 GMT
Iñigo Sola Núñez wrote:

> I have the following view:
>
> {
>  "_id": "_design/ofertas",
>  "_rev": "1-9556bdbb5fdab8c61d340d44bc9083ea",
>  "language": "javascript",
>  "views": {
>                "byMunicipio": {
>                                       "map": "function(doc) {
> emit(doc.ciudad, doc); }"
>                                      }
>               }
> }
>
> When I use that view, it never finishs and doesn't show anything.

Do you see any progress on /_utils/status.html ? Anything in the log?

Also, you might want to emit(doc.ciudad, null) instead which depending on how big your documents
are might save a lot of diskspace. If you want to obtain the full doc you can always use ?include_docs=true.
(This is a performance versus storage space trade-off.)

Nils.
 VPRO   www.vpro.nl