couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Stephan Bardubitzki <step...@bardubitzki.com>
Subject Re: Installing CouchDB on ISP server
Date Sat, 12 Nov 2011 02:05:03 GMT
Our ISP doesn't has any problem with running server processes. So, is it
possible to install CouchDB in a user space and how?

Stephan

On 11-11-11 12:38 PM, Jens Alfke wrote:
> On Nov 11, 2011, at 12:05 PM, Stephan Bardubitzki wrote:
>
> since we naturally don't have root access on an ISP server, I'm
> wondering whether it is possible to install and run CouchDB in the user
> space. If so how do I have to do that?
>
> If you mean a shared-hosting account, those generally don’t let you run any kind of
server process of your own. You’d need a more expensive dedicated server (or virtual-server)
account for that. Instead, you can get a free hosted CouchDB server from iriscouch.com<http://iriscouch.com>
 or cloudant.com<http://cloudant.com>.