couchdb-user mailing list archives

From CGS <cgsmcml...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: _bulk_docs vs. single document insertion
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2011 12:02:11 GMT
So, it was my misunderstanding here. There is no real boolean
all_or_nothing (boolean = two values, while this has only one if
exists), but if exists creates conflicts in the db independent on being
true or false. Thanks, Jens! I will see how can I process the return
list (without including all_or_nothing) fast enough without killing my CPU.

Cheers,
CGS

On 11/09/2011 09:37 PM, Jens Alfke wrote:
> On Nov 9, 2011, at 7:13 AM, CGS wrote:
>
> b) the second time not quite ok, returning the same id's and rev's + the
> same test1 document (step discarded by bulk, getting the first bulk
> operation result instead of incrementing the revision or reporting
> conflict);
>
> You’re using all-or-nothing mode, which never returns 409 Conflict errors but instead
creates conflicting revisions in the db. Did you read about how it works?