couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jens Alfke <j...@couchbase.com>
Subject How to enable SSL cert verification?
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2011 16:06:10 GMT
Having just gotten SSL working in Couchbase Mobile for iOS, I'm looking at the Erlang SSL API
trying to figure out how to get it to properly validate server certs*. There appears to be
no built-in list of root certs; and there seems to be a way to pass in such a list at startup,
but my Erlang skills are very rudimentary so I can't figure out how I would configure CouchDB
to do this.

Even better would be if I could install a hook to do my own cert verification by calling into
iOS's native security APIs, which will have up to date root sets and access to CRL and OCSP.

--Jens

* I.e. I'm focusing on CouchDB as an SSL client (replicating to/from another server) not as
an SSL server in its own right.