couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Alexander Uvarov <alexander.uva...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Update the document without current version
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2011 12:03:43 GMT

On Oct 13, 2011, at 1:59 PM, Max Ogden wrote:

> Hi Alexander,
>
> I think that the reason that force_update/delete_conflicts doesn't exist is
> because it's assumed that since HTTP is a stateless protocol that
> applications built using Couch will keep state on the client. For instance,
> if you update a document Couch will hand you back the new revision so you
> don't have to fetch it separately.
>
> In your case you seem to be somehow replacing documents without first
> knowing about them, which seems weird to me. Can you shed some more light on
> what application level features depend on the force_update/delete_conflicts
> API?

Just an idea on top of Panop question.

For example: user know about several conflicts and wanna save his version
and purge all other conflicted revs. Some server side support would be useful in this case.
Well, omitting revisions in an update request is worst, indeed, thus my proposal becomes offtopic.
I'll rethink and probably post separate feature request later.