couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Van de Velde <thomase...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Erlang] Returning JSON from a List
Date Sat, 08 Oct 2011 13:13:29 GMT
So is this possible? I found no way to access the data sent from within the Fun
= fun({Row}, _) -> function outside that function block. FoldRows seems to
return whatever was sent within the rows iterator directly to the client.
How can I capture that output so it can be modified to construct my own JSON
object? Thanks!

On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 10:49 AM, Thomas Van de Velde
<thomasevdv@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I made great progress converting Javascript shows to Erlang. I need some
> help with lists in Erlang. I have a JSON document that has pointers to other
> documents (with include_docs=true). Within the list, I construct a new JSON
> document that aggregates information I pulled from the documents that were
> referenced. Below you'll find the Javascript implementation. I am having
> trouble reproducing this in Erlang.
>
> This is what I have in Javascript:
>
> function(head, req) {
>
> start({
> "headers" : {
>  "Content-Type" : "text/plain"
> }
> });
>
> var page = [];
>
> while( row = getRow()) {
> var module = row.value.module;
>  var desc = row.doc.desc;
> var title = row.doc.title;
>  var module = {
> "module" : module,
> "desc" : desc,
>  "title" : title
> };
> page.push(module);
>  }
> send(JSON.stringify(page));
>
> }
>
> I am starting from what's in the unit test:
>
> %% Page generator (from Futon unit test)
> fun(Head, {Req}) ->
> Send(<<"head">>),
>  Fun = fun({Row}, _) ->
> Val = couch_util:get_value(<<"value">>, Row, -1),
>  Send(list_to_binary(integer_to_list(Val))),
> {ok, nil}
> end,
>  {ok, _} = FoldRows(Fun, nil),
> <<"tail">>
> end.
>
> In a show I was able to construct a new JSON document and then return it
> with:

MyDoc}]}