couchdb-user mailing list archives

From David Hoffman <da...@gainfitness.com>
Subject How to use cookie authentication with replication
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2011 18:29:50 GMT
Hello,
We are considering using couchdb on a mobile device and want to replicate
its database in both directions with couchdb in the cloud. Due to technical
limitations, we can only access the couchdb in the cloud from the mobile
device with http, so basic authentication is out of the question (we can't
expose the credentials in the clear).  Instead the mobile device is
obtaining an authentication cookie from our app server in the cloud over
https (the app server in turn obtains the auth cookie from couchdb over
https and forwards it back to the mobile client). The mobile device then
needs to use this cookie to perform replication to/from the cloud to sync
the databases.  I've only seen examples of replication using basic
authentication by embedding the credentials in the source/target urls. My
question is how do we set up a replication request to indicate the
AuthSession cookie for the source or target databases in the replication
call?
Thanks,
David