couchdb-user mailing list archives

From daniel williams <daniel.willi...@gmail.com>
Subject couchdb keep-alive and hammock
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2011 19:59:52 GMT
Hi,

My organization is noticing extremely slow response times when it comes to
making requests to a remote couch instance on the same network.  We're
currently using .NET 4.0 and Hammock where .NET has enabled Keep-Alive but
we're not seeing any benefit.  We've pushed the number of default
connections to 12x the number of cores on the couchdb client instance with
no gain.  Currently taking between 200ms best case to write a record to the
database which currently has minimal data.  We are sending basic
authentication headers that appear to be transmitted per request to the
couchdb REST API.

Does anyone have an idea of what is the best way to maximize throughput to
couchdb?

Thanks.

dan