couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jason Smith <...@iriscouch.com>
Subject Re: undefined reference to JS_SealObject
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2011 03:53:16 GMT
Hi, Jim. I maintain build-couchdb. Thanks for your success story!

I'm a sysadmin, unaccustomed to the nice rarefied atmosphere of
programmers. Build CouchDB reflects that; it's one hack after another.
Long story short, I'm not sure it would be welcome among those who
know what quality is.

On the other hand, build-couchdb could in principle make BigCouch.
I've wanted to add BigCouch and Lounge support for a while. I will try
to make a BigCouch build option (I think the dependencies are broadly
similar); however only as time allows. I'll update the mailing list if
I see progress.

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 9:06 AM, Jim R. Wilson <wilson.jim.r@gmail.com> wrote:
> Master - just hit up github and started following the readme.  Was a bit
> concerned that the spidermonkey ppa said "karmic" but shrugged it off and
> pressed onwards.
>
> For the record, I have never been able to successfully build straight couch
> either, EXCEPT using build-couchdb[1], which chainbuilds erlang, curl and
> spidermonkey from their respective github projects.  I was even able to do
> this using vanilla Centos (of all things).
>
> So +1 for a build-bigcouch project if anyone is up for it.  A cursory
> googling didn't turn one up, but you know what they say about absence of
> evidence[2]. :)
>
> Context: I'm co-authoring a book on databases, and I'd love to talk about
> BigCouch in the CouchDB chapter, but I need to be able to run it.
>
> [1] https://github.com/iriscouch/build-couchdb
> [2] https://plus.google.com/u/0/114924461829472558358/posts/fGcYwTuq6q5
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> -- Jim
>
> On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 11:00 AM, Adam Kocoloski <kocolosk@apache.org>wrote:
>
>> Ok then -- 1.1.0 does not support JS 1.8.5 (the 1.1.1 candidate we're
>> voting on now does).
>>
>> Jim, I should have asked in the beginning, but did you try to build
>> BigCouch from the master branch or from a tag?
>>
>> Adam
>>
>> On Oct 24, 2011, at 10:55 AM, CGS wrote:
>>
>> > CouchDB version 1.1.0.

>> git://github.com/membase/spidermonkey.git' and it worked. I used that
>> because the official version 1.8.5 raised similar error in CouchDB
>> compilation. Maybe it will help you as well.

>> definitely preferred now.

>> various versions of Spidermonkey in both CouchDB and BigCouch.  I don't know
>> if he tried the Ubuntu 11.10 package specifically.  I suspect when he's up
>> later today he'll have some insight on the matter.  Regards,

>> Oneiric).
>> on how

>> bunch of

>> -lcurl