couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <d...@muse.net.nz>
Subject Re: Architecture Question
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2011 08:36:05 GMT
On 17 October 2011 07:16, Ido Ran <ido.ran@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you all. I'm targeting Windows platform - so I'll be glad to hear how can I run
the database there.
> It's not going to be in-process but I do need a seamless way to run it without the client
install it manually.

> Thanks

You can bundle couchdb inside another windows app without users
needing to install it separately. Check
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Quirks_on_Windows "Integrating CouchDB
into your Windows Applications", and make sure you include the
appropriate VC runtimes either in your app or as a dependency.

I've found that you can also remove the two erl.ini files completely
and Erlang/CouchDB seems to run just fine without them. You'll still
need to fiddle your local.ini files for the correct paths of course.

A+
Dave