couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jamie Talbot <ja...@jamietalbot.com>
Subject Re: noobie questions
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2011 07:39:40 GMT
Hi,

Is the Wiki out of date?  From
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Introduction_to_CouchDB_views

"Note that by default views are not created and updated when a
document is saved, but rather, when they are accessed. As a result,
the first access might take some time depending on the size of your
data while CouchDB creates the view. If preferable the views can also
be updated when a document is saved using an external script that
calls the views when updates have been made."

It also lists an example of how to update views asynchronously:

http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Regenerating_views_on_update?action=show&redirect=RegeneratingViewsOnUpdate

You could also consider stale=update_after, which will give you a
quick return at the cost of potentially out of date data, but which
will also trigger a view update, so the next queries will potentially
be more up to date.

I'll leave Bulk Operations and View Collation for experts to answer,
but I suspect for part 4 that you'll have more joy if you emit the tag
first, then the date and collate something like

startkey=["blah", "2010-10"]&endkey=["blah", "2010-10{}"]

Cheers,

Jamie.

--
---