couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jamie Talbot <ja...@jamietalbot.com>
Subject Re: JSON Patch Internet-Draft 02
Date Sun, 23 Oct 2011 22:42:43 GMT
Hi Paul,
I don't think I've seen the prior discussions on this, so perhaps this
has already been asked and answered.  With regards to adding to
objects, am I right in assuming that multiple levels can be accessed
through / separators?  To extend example A1:

An example target JSON document:

{ "foo": "bar" }

A JSON Patch document:

[ { "add": "/baz/bud", "value": "qux" } ]

Might end up something like this:

{
  "foo": "bar",
  "baz": {
    "bud": "qux"
  }
}

Is that the intention?  If so, you might want to consider at least one
example that shows that behaviour.  If that's not the intention, do
you have an objection to it?
Cheers,

Jamie.

--