couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Mark Hahn <m...@boutiquing.com>
Subject Re: Update the document without current version
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2011 22:24:42 GMT
+1 for version override.  I have a number of places in my app where I have
to do a GET when I get an update conflict.  There are many cases where "the
last update should win" algorithm is appropriate.

I suspect couch designers were afraid developers would abuse this by being
lazy and not properly resolving conflicts.  If my paranoid suspicion is
true, then I would like to say that others shouldn't police me.