couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Alon Keren <alon.ke...@gmail.com>
Subject Couch Incarnate: views in DB-form, to allow map-reduce chains
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2011 17:16:49 GMT
Hi folks!

In the last few months, between projects, I've been tinkering with ideas and
implementations for making map-reduce chains work.
I think my current direction is solid enough to share - and I hope to get
from you guys either encouragement, insight, or a "hold it, I have a much
better solution coming!".
Mind you, that is a work in progress and currently more similar to a
research project than to production material.

The basic idea here is maintaining and updating a DB that represents a view.
Once this is achieved, you can create a view on that DB, and presto - you
have a view of a view.
Obviously, you could also represent that second view in DB form and then add
a view to that DB. Thus ending up with a view of a view of a view. And so
on.

So, this project is not really about chains, but about enabling DB's that
represent views, or "incarnations".

Check it out:
https://github.com/afters/Couch-Incarnate

  Alon