couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Imagens on Couchdb
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2011 21:19:29 GMT
Add a validate_doc_update function to any design document in that
database (or create a new one) and test for the _admin role before
allowing an update. Ensure that your single user is not an admin then
any attempted writes will be rejected. If you cannot create admins,
then use a custom role (e.g, 'writer') and ensure your read-only user
is not assigned that role.

Alternatively you could just have a single admin user (so that you are
not in 'admin party mode') and set require_valid_user to false.
Everyone can then read but only the admin can write. For hosted
solutions like IrisCouch or Cloudant, you may not be able to set ths
value, so the first solution is the safest.

B.