couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Alexander Uvarov <alexander.uva...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: unique constraint in couchdb
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2011 13:19:36 GMT
> is there something on the roadmap for couchdb that would solve our unique key problem?

There is no uniqueness in CouchDB and I think will never be.

PS: I think that will be cool to have a feature to declare such
constraints. And mark documents (if constraint void) just like them
marked when conflict occurs (doc._conflict). Something like
doc._constraints["unique_timestamp"]. Then it will be possible to
create a view and retrieve a list of documents with constraints
violation.