couchdb-user mailing list archives

From kowsik <kow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: _replicator vs. replicate
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2011 16:26:25 GMT
Just a quick follow up. Maybe you guys know this already, but thought
I'll share. I was exchanging tweets with @fdmanana about this issue
and he said this profound thing that made me smack my head.

"@pcapr @couchdb Likely. Push replications read from a local db, so no
connections used for that. And only 1 writer to write to remote db"

This was news to me. So we've switched over blitz.io from using push
to pull replication and it's frickin fast! So all of the max_http_*
configuration for the replicator only applies to pull apparently. Now
the docs are getting replicated across east/west bi-directionally with
very low latency and I haven't seen the replicator give up after this
switch.

Like I said, learned something new. Wasn't obvious from the documentation.

Thanks,

K.

ps: If your app is distributed like ours, you might find this
interesting: http://bit.ly/sPEhFH
---
http://blitz.io
@pcapr